This questionnaire must be filled out by all persons interested in adopting a pet from our shelter. The information you provide will not be given to any other organization. It is our job to find permanent, responsible homes for as many of our animals as possible and at the same time to find the right pet for you. To do this, we need specific information from you. Thank you for visiting the Open Door Animal Sanctuary.
Adopter's Age (Must be 21 to adopt)
Which dog/puppy are you interested in?
1. I live in a
2. I OwnRentLive on CampusLive with Parent/Relative
If you live with a parent/relative, are they aware you are here?
If you are renting your home, what is the name of your landlord? If you are living in a mobile home park, what is the name of it?
3. How many times have you moved in the last 3 years?
Did your animals move with you?
4. Number of children at home
Have they been around animals before?
5. For what purpose are you adopting an animal?
CompanionshipAs a GiftHunting DogFor Children/Grandchildren to Play WithGuard Dog
If you want a pet to give as a gift, who are you giving it to?
7. Please list the breeds and ages of all pets in your household
8. Do they live
How many of these animals are spayed or neutered?
Are they current on vaccinations?
Are your dogs currently on heartworm preventative?
Name and Phone of Your Veterinary Clinic
9. Have you adopted animals from Open Door Sanctuary?
If yes, how long ago?
10. Please list all animals you have owned in the last 5 years
Where are these animals now?
Gave AwayLostReturned to AgencyStill HaveDied
Have you ever taken an animal to a shelter?
11. How many hours of the day will the new animal be alone?
Where will the animal be alone at?
12. Where will this animal sleep?
Do you plan on crate training?
13. If you are adopting a dog how do you plan to confine this dog when it goes outside?
ChainLeashFenced YardKennelAcreageChain & CableElectric FenceRunner
If your yard is fenced how high is the fence?
14. Have you ever raised a puppy?
If yes how long ago?
15. How was your previous dog/puppy trained?
16. What canine behavior are you UNWILLING to work with?
17. Is this your first experience owning a dog on your own?
18. What will happen to this pet if you experience a major life change (such as move, divorce, new baby, or health change)?
19. Do you understand that adopting an animal is a lifetime commitment and are you willing to accept this responsibility?
20. Where did you hear about ODAS?
21. Would you like to join the ODAS mailing list to receive event invites and our quarterly newsletter?
If yes, what is your preferred contact method?
Because of our concern for placing the appropriate animal in your home, we ask that you read & agree below:
*A representative of the ODAS will visit my home prior to adopting to verify all information given on this application.
*The decision of the ODAS personnel is final.
*All adoptions must meet the criteria of the ODAS general adoption policies.
*I have answered all questions of this application truthfully and to the best of my knowledge.