Our Mission is to provide homeless cats and dogs with the highest quality of life and a second chance to find a forever family.
- We are a “no kill” animal sanctuary; we do not euthanize cats and dogs for space.
- We provide dedicated love and care to over 400 homeless cats and dogs. This includes 100 kisses a day, 365 days a year!
- We provide our residents with a largely cage-free living environment.
- We reduce pet over-population by offering a low-cost spay-neuter program and a humane education program to the community.
- We operate a pet food pantry to provide support to families in need.
Since our founding in 1975, we have offered hope, help and healing to more than 100,000 precious lives.
Our VisionThe vision of Open Door Animal Sanctuary is to offer a loving environment and eventual home for every cat and dog in need of our help.
Our Featured Pet – Spot!
Open Door Animal Sanctuary does not receive any city, state or federal funding. It is the generosity of people and organizations that make our work possible. We recognize that each contribution represents a judgement of trust in our ability to help the animals, and we are deeply appreciative for every bit of support that we receive. Donations from individual persons provide a high percentage of our annual funding and are essential to sustain our work. Your generous support will make a significant impact on the lives of the over 400 cats and dogs we care for every day. Open Door is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity. We hope you will consider making a contribution.
Our Cats and Dogs in their Forever Homes!